Related
" />

Sexier than a Librarian

Sexier than a Librarian

Originally uploaded by ATIS547

“Perhaps not only librarians of both sexes, but friends and fans of librarians will consider boycotting this product.”

10 Responses to “Sexier than a Librarian”

1. Connie Crosby
    September 11, 2007 at 10:14 am #

But, what if they mean that this product is SO SEXY, it is EVEN SEXIER than those really hot librarians?

LOL!

(I haven’t seen any of the other ad campaign to know if I’m off base, though….)

Cheers!
    Connie

2. Robert D.
    September 11, 2007 at 1:31 pm #

Baloney! If it gets people reading, who cares what sort of retarded sidelong jabs some idiot at a marketing company glues to a wall?

3. Tim R
    September 11, 2007 at 5:13 pm #

Aside from being offensive, and I usually don’t get bothered by these “Librarian Image” issues. It is incredibly Stupid. Bibliophiles and the like are about the only people who would be interested in this b/c you have to “read” “words” they are not spoken to you through your earphones. Yet Sony decides to annoy a large part of that group going out the gate.

I say boycott – and bash the product given any oportunity – it looks like a useless retread of technology no one wanted 10 years ago.

4. Tim R
    September 11, 2007 at 5:23 pm #

The contact at Sony from the Pess Release- Valerie Motis of Sony Electronics Inc., +1-858-942-8016,
    valerie.motis@am.sony.com;

Name: Sony Electronics Inc
    Address: 16450 West Bernardo Drive
    City: San Diego
    State: CA
    ZIP: 92127
    Country: USA
    Phone: 858-942-2400

5. Steven
    September 11, 2007 at 5:28 pm #

Wow! Tim, thanks for doing the research on this. I might just send her a note.

6. Walt Lessun
    September 12, 2007 at 11:48 am #

I’ve seen the SONY Reader. I’ve seen librarians.
    The Reader is NOT sexier than a librarian. Trust me on this.

7. Angie B
    September 15, 2007 at 10:40 am #

Why not say “sexier than a libraran”? We don’t see the two words in the same sentence nearly enough!

8. ATIS547
    October 6, 2007 at 4:07 pm #

Sony has responded.

I think they proved our point.

9. karissimah
    October 19, 2007 at 12:15 pm #

By getting so up in arms about the librarian stereotype, librarians are creating a brand new unappealing stereotype.

Suffice to say that ad execs who continue to use tired stereotypes for marketing campaigns are out of touch. Let’s not assign more meaning to it than necessary.

Let’s all do our jobs (and hopefully KEEP our jobs) and get on with life!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Sexier than a Librarian at Moqub’s bibliotheek van dingen - September 16, 2007

[…] tip komt van LibraryStuff en als je bij Flickr zoekt op sexier, librarian, sony dan vind je meer foto’s van deze nieuwe […]

© Copyright 2017, Information Today, Inc., All rights reserved.